It’s time to give Canadian veterans the support they need.
Canadian veterans have put their lives on the line for our country and deserve our respect and access to the services they need, but instead veterans are being short-changed and told to wait. Canadians recognize there is a moral, social, legal and fiduciary obligation to care for those who have bravely served in Canada’s military. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- End the lapsed spending by both Conservative and Liberal governments and ensure that veterans have the services and the benefits they need and deserve.
- Extend survivor pension benefits to veterans’ common-law partners. (Bill C-397)
- Provide free Parks Canada admission rates to active and retired Canadian Armed Forces members.
- Commit the resources required to provide PTSD service dogs.
- Increase mental health education and access to services for those in need.