It’s time for a just transition to clean renewable energy.
The NDP strongly opposes the purchase and expansion of the Trans Mountain pipeline. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- Develop and implement a national strategy for increasing the proportion of electricity generated from renewable energy sources in Canada to 90%. (Bill C-284)
- Respect the right of Indigenous peoples to say no to any project affecting their lands, territories or other resources.
- Protect thousands of good quality jobs in Canada’s marine and tourism industry from an inevitable bitumen spill.
- Establish a national marine conservation area in the southern Straight of Georgia in the Salish Sea.
- Fully overhaul the National Energy Board review process.