Too many people choose between food and medications.
Decades of Conservative cuts and Liberal inaction have harmed the medical care services we count on – and Canadians are left struggling. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- Institute a national, universal, public Pharmacare program to make sure that all Canadians can access the prescription medicine they need.
- Recruit and retain the doctors, nurses, and other health professionals Canadians need.
- Undercut inflated prescription costs set by private companies by negotiating prices as a country.
- Save $4.2 billion through bulk purchasing and use that money to give better coverage to all Canadians.
- Introduce a system where you need your health card — not your credit card — at the pharmacy till.
- Save families that currently have drug coverage an average of $550/year.
- Save employers approximately $600 per employee with extended health benefits.