Opioid addiction is a health care issue, not a criminal issue.
Across Canada, too many families are tragically losing parents, siblings, and children to the opioid crisis. From downtown neighbourhoods to our most remote areas, no community has been untouched. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- Declare a national public health emergency.
- Legalize and fund overdose prevention sites so they have the resources they need.
- Fund additional resources for treatment so that those struggling from addiction can access treatment on demand.
- Investigate and hold opioid manufacturers responsible.
- Stop criminalizing addiction and instead adopt a health approach.