It’s time to truly tackle income inequality in Canada.
Inequality is on the rise in Canada and those at the top have no idea what life is like for most Canadian families. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- Stop making life easier for Canada’s super rich by closing tax loopholes and shutting down tax havens, saving Canadians $16 billion every year.
- Put in place a federal minimum wage of $15 an hour that will cover over 900,000 workers.
- Make sure that prices at the pumps are fairer by creating a Fair Gasoline Prices Watchdog and boost the power of the Competition Bureau.
- Stop profiting from student debt by eliminating interest rates on student loans.
- Re-introduce 30-year terms to CMHC insured mortgages on entry-level homes for first time home buyers.