We cannot afford inaction.
The time to act and declare a Climate Emergency is now. That’s why Alistair and the NDP have a plan to:
- Science-based reduction targets of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Enshrine the right of Canadians to a healthy, ecologically balanced environment. (Bill C-348)
- Make all new buildings in Canada energy efficient by 2030 and retrofit existing buildings by 2050.
- Kickstart clean energy initiatives by stopping fossil fuel subsidies.
- Eliminate single-use plastics.
- Transition all federal government vehicles to electric by 2025.
- Ensure 100% of all new automotive sales are zero-emission vehicles by 2040.
- Stop the Trans Mountainpipeline expansion